Once again, I opted to incorporate Birkenstocks as part of my Halloween Costume. Wearing comfortable Birkenstocks makes Trick-Or-Treating so much more fun.
This year, I busted out my high school cheerleading uniform to wear as a costume. After all, what better way to embarrass your kids at their school's parade, then to wear a "vintage" cheerleading outfit?
To complete the outfit, I added my kid's soccer socks. I feel like the red and white striped soccer socks helped modernize a 25+ year old uniform.
Who ever said that Gina Mama does not wear Socks with her 'Stocks? These photos are proof that I wear socks with Birkenstocks. Nothing wrong with wearing socks with Birkenstock high tops!!
NOTE: To read my blog on what I think about wearing socks with Birkenstocks, click here.
In the fashion of David Letterman’s famous 10 Top Lists, I bring to you Gina Mama’s “Top 10 Ways To You Know That You Are a Birkenstock Addict”. This list was created with the help of other Birkenstock fanatics that follow me on Facebook and Instagram. Thank you to everyone who answered.
Without further ado……
Top 10 Ways To You Know That You Are a Birkenstock Addict
10. It is the only brand you wear, all year round, even during periods of inclement weather. Rain, sleet, or snow….you are sporting your Birks like a champ.
9. You spend more time figuring out which Birkenstocks you will wear each day and less time on your outfit. You might have so many pairs that selecting just one causes a bit of anxiety. In which case, you have to rotate your Birkenstocks during the day based on the activity.
8. You have a pair of “dress Birks” that you save for those special “formal” occasions.
My dress Birkenstocks
7. You preach the Gospel of "The Birkenstock Way" to every soul that crosses your path and try to convert them.
6. You customize your Birkenstocks to make them even better. For example, you turn boring brown Temaras into a pair of sparkly ruby red goodness. And you cannot comprehend the reason that Birkenstock never made this colorway in the first place!!!
5. You secretly convince yourself that wearing socks with Birkenstocks is fashionable, so that you can get away with wearing them when the temperature drops.
4. You have memorized your favorite cobbler’s phone number…in case of any and all Birkenstock emergencies.
3. Wearing non Birkenstock shoes hurt your feet.
2. In an effort to destash and make room for the new seasonal Birkenstocks, you list your rarely worn Birkenstocks on eBay, and break into a cold sweat and start to feel panicky that they might actually sell.
1. When you start your own webpage dedicated to all the reasons that you love Birkenstocks because your family has told you to stop talking about your Birks.
Are you a Birkenstock Addict? Shoot me a message. It is comforting to know that I am not the only one.